Mantis Vision End User License Agreement
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING AND/OR USING THE APP.
By clicking the “accept” or “ok” button, or installing and in any event by using the Mantis Vision mobile software application, FacePlant, Volum, Volum+ (the “App“), you expressly acknowledge, and agree, that you are entering into a legal agreement with Mantis Vision 94 Shlomo Shmeltzer road, Petach Tikva, Israel (“Mantis Vision“, “we“, “us” or “our“), and have understood and agree to comply with, and be legally bound by, the terms and conditions of this End User License Agreement (“Agreement“). To the maximum extent permitted by law, you hereby waive any applicable rights to require an original (non-electronic) signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, to the extent not prohibited under applicable law. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement please do not download, install or use the App. If you breach this Agreement we may take action against you, including, but not limited to, terminating your account.
- The Services: Mantis Vision offers you an opportunity to create, connect, communicate, discover, and share you 3D image and video capturing. From your phone, you can also plant your video in the public environment (the “Service(s)“) Please note that the feature is available for IOS users.
- License Restrictions. You agree not to, and shall not permit any third party to: (i) sublicense, redistribute, sell, lease, lend or rent the App; (ii) make the App available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices owned or operated by different people at the same time; (iii) disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, decrypt, or attempt to derive the source code of, the App; (iv) copy (except for back-up purposes), modify, improve, or create derivative works of the App or any part thereof; (v) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the App or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or that enforce limitations on use of the App; (vi) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice or identification, including copyright, trademark, patent or other notices, contained in or displayed on or via the App; (vii) use any communications systems provided by the App to send unauthorized and/or unsolicited commercial communications; (viii) use the Mantis Vision name, logo or trademarks without our prior written consent; and/or (ix) use the App to violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, or for any unlawful, misleading, fraudulent, harmful, irresponsible, or inappropriate purpose, or in any manner that breaches this Agreement, or violate (or help or encourage others to violate) these Agreement.
- In order to use some of the App features you may have to create or use a unique ID\User ID, (an “Account“). If you create an Account, you must provide accurate and complete information for yourself. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in your Account, and you must keep your Account password secure. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account.
We can terminate or disabling your account immediately to protect our App or services, or if you create risk or legal exposure for us, violate this Agreement, if you infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, if we suspect misuse by you of Content or Services; if your Account is inactive (i.e., not used or logged-into) for a period of time, we will notify you via the Services or in the App that you are not being active in the App to see if you want to continue using the services, and/or where we are permitted or required to do so by law. If we take action to disable or terminate your account, we will notify you where appropriate. If you believe your account has been terminated in error, or you want to disable or permanently delete your account, consult us at: email@example.com.
You may terminate your Account at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- App Usage Rules. If you are downloading the App from a third party mobile device platform or service provider (“Distributor“), please be aware that the Distributor may have established usage rules which also govern your use of the App (“Usage Rules“). We specifically refer to the Usage Rules of certain Distributors below in the section below entitled ‘Distributor Requirements and Usage Rules‘, but other Usage Rules may be applicable depending on where the App has been downloaded from. You acknowledge that, prior to downloading the App from a Distributor, you have had the opportunity to review and understand, and will comply with, its Usage Rules. The Usage Rules that are applicable to your use of the App are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. You represent that you are not prohibited by any applicable Usage Rules and/or applicable law from using the App; if you are unable to make such a representation you are prohibited from installing and/or using the App.
- Safe and appropriate use
- Use of the App in a Vehicle. If you are using the App in a vehicle, you agree: (i) to comply with all applicable traffic laws; and (ii) if you are the driver, not to use the App unless your vehicle is stationary and legally parked.
- While you are using our Services, please be aware of your surroundings, and play and communicate safely.
- You agree that your use of the Services is at your own risk, and that you will not use the Services to violate any applicable law, regulation, policies, or instructions as outlined in this Agreement and you will not encourage or enable any other individual to do so.
- Mantis Vision does not intend to provide a medical App or health devices, or provide medical or health advice.
- You agree to maintain safe and appropriate contact with other users and other people in the real world. For example, you will not impersonate, harass, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of, others; you will not trespass, or in any manner attempt to gain or gain access to any property or location where you do not have a right or permission to be, and will not otherwise engage in any activity that may result in injury, death, property damage, nuisance, or liability of any kind.
- If you have a dispute with any third party relating to your use of Services, you release Mantis Vision (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- In any event, if we become aware of unlawful or prohibited use of our Services or behaviour, we reserve the right to report it to the relevant authorities.
- User Submissions.
- The App may permit the hosting, sharing, posting, and publishing of content by you and other users (“User Submissions” and/or “To Plant“). Your User Submissions may be posted to the App, or otherwise be made publicly available. You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, we cannot fully guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions. You shall be solely responsible for your User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. We reserve the right without further notice to you, to delete, and/or remove any and all User Submissions at any time and for any reason.
- Ownership. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to use and authorize us to use all Intellectual Property Rights in and to your User Submissions, and to enable inclusion and use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement. You retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions.
- Exposure. You understand and acknowledge that when accessing and using the App: (i) you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that we are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or Intellectual Property Rights of, or relating to, such User Submissions; and (ii) you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against us with respect to (i) and (ii) herein.
- Disclosure. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any User Submission or any other information that we obtain in connection with the App as we reasonably believe is necessary to: (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, subpoena or governmental request, (ii) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations of it, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to your user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Mantis Vision, our users or the public.
- Prohibited Content. You agree that you will not send, display, post, submit, publish or transmit a User Submission or Message that: (i) is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction; (ii) is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights; (iii) creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement; (iv) impersonates another person; (v) promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking; (vi) is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, obscene, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise dishonest, inaccurate, inappropriate, malicious or fraudulent; (vii) involves theft or terrorism; (viii) constitutes an unauthorized commercial communication; (ix) contains the contact information or any personally identifiable information of any third party unless you have first obtained the express consent of said third party to include their contact information or personally identifiable information; and/or (x) breaches this Agreement.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your Account, we may change it if we believe it is appropriate or necessary (for example, if it infringes someone’s intellectual property or impersonates another user
- Some features of our Services let you create, upload, post, send, receive, download and store content. When you do that, you retain whatever ownership rights in that content you had to begin with. But you grant us a license to use that content. How broad that license is depends on which Services you use and that you have selected.
- If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Service (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share), we retain all rights to our content (but not yours).
- Your User Submissions shall comply at all times with all applicable laws and shall not violate, infringe or misappropriate third party rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property, privacy, rights of publicity, reputation and other personality rights).
- We respect copyright law and expect our users to do the same. It is our policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances Account holders who infringe or are believed to be infringing the rights of copyright holders. Please see our Copyright Policyfor further information.
- If you wish to report abuse or illegal content, you may do so via email@example.com.
- Intellectual Property Rights.
- Ownership. The App is licensed and not sold to you under this Agreement and you acknowledge that Mantis Vision and its licensors retain all title, ownership rights and Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) in and to the App (and its related software). We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein to the App. “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all rights in and to any and all trade secrets, patents, copyrights, service marks, trademarks, know-how, or similar intellectual property rights, as well as any and all moral rights, rights of privacy, publicity and similar rights of any type under the laws or regulations of any governmental, regulatory, or judicial authority, whether foreign or domestic.
- Content. The content on the App, including without limitation, the text, information, documents, descriptions, products, software, graphics, photos, sounds, videos, interactive features, and services (the “Materials“), and the User Submissions (defined below), and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks“, and together with the Materials and User Submissions, the “Content“), is the property of Mantis Vision and/or its licensors and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. “Mantis Vision” and the Mantis Vision logo are Marks of Mantis Vision and its affiliates. All other Marks used on the App are the trademarks, service marks, or logos of their respective owners.
- Use of Content. The content on the App is provided to you “as is” for your personal use only and may not be used, copied, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, de-compiled, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without our prior written consent. If you download or print a copy of the content you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
- The License granted hereunder is currently for free, however, we may in the future charge a fee for certain features and/or uses. You will not be charged for any such uses of the App unless you first agree to such charges, but please be aware that any failure to pay applicable charges may result in you not having access to some or all of the App.
- Please be aware that your use of the App may require and utilize internet connection or data access. To the extent that third party service provider or carrier charges for your internet or data usage are applicable, you agree to be solely responsible for those charges.
- Information Description. We attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, we cannot and do not warrant that the content available on the App is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. We reserve the right to make changes in or to the content, or any part thereof without the requirement of giving you any notice prior to or after making such changes to the content.
- Warranty Disclaimers.
- THE APP IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE APP WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT THE APP IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE or that WE will correct any errors in the APP. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT MAY RESULT FROM TECHNICAL PROBLEMS INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE INTERNET (SUCH AS SLOW CONNECTIONS, TRAFFIC CONGESTION OR OVERLOAD OF OUR OR OTHER SERVERS) OR ANY TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR INTERNET PROVIDERS.
- IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ANY OTHER APP USER, YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH SUCH A DISPUTE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
- Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so to that extent such exclusions may not apply.
- We also don’t control what people and others users do or say, and we aren’t responsible for their (or your) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content). We also aren’t responsible for services and features offered by other people or companies, even if you access them through our App.
- Limitation of Liability.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MANTIS VISION BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF INFORMATION, DATA, PROFITS, REVENUE, BUSINESS OR REPUTATION, THAT ARISES UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, OR THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE APP EVEN IF MANTIS VISION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH THIS INCLUDES WHEN WE DELETE YOUR CONTENT, INFORMATION OR ACCOUNT.
- IN ANY EVENT, MANTIS VISION’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES AND LOSSES THAT ARISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, OR THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APP, SHALL NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS, IF ANY, ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO MANTIS VISION FOR USING THE APP WITHIN THE ONE (1) MONTH PRECEDING THE DATE OF BRINGING A CLAIM.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Mantis Vision and our affiliates, and our respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of, or inability to use, the App; (ii) your violation of this Agreement; and (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right. Without derogating from or excusing your obligations under this section, we reserve the right (at your own expense), but are not under any obligation, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to an indemnification by you if you choose not to defend or settle it. You agree not to settle any matter subject to an indemnification by you without first obtaining our express approval.
- Export Laws. You agree to comply fully with all applicable export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the App nor any technical data related thereto are exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations.
- Updates and Upgrades. We may from time to time provide updates or upgrades to the App (each a “Revision“), but are not under any obligation to do so. Such Revisions will be supplied according to our then-current policies, which may include automatic updating or upgrading without any additional notice to you. You consent to any such automatic updating or upgrading of the App. All references herein to the App shall include Revisions. This Agreement shall govern any Revisions that replace or supplement the original App, unless the Revision is accompanied by a separate license agreement which will govern the Revision.
- Term and Termination.
- This Agreement is effective until terminated by us or you. We reserve the right, at any time, to: (i) discontinue or modify any aspect of the App; and/or (ii) terminate this Agreement and your use of the App with or without cause, and shall not be liable to you or any third party for any of the foregoing. If you object to any term or condition of this Agreement or any subsequent modifications thereto, or become dissatisfied with the App in any way, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the App.
- Upon termination of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of the App. This Section 19 and Sections 9 (User Submissions), 10 (Intellectual Property Rights), 13 (Privacy), 14 (Warranty Disclaimers), 15 (Limitation of Liability), 16 (Indemnity), and 20 (Assignment) to 24 (General) shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you but may be assigned by Mantis Vision without restriction or notification. Any prohibited assignment shall be null and void.
- We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time by sending you an in-App notification and/or publishing the revised Agreement on the App. Such change will be effective immediately following the foregoing notification thereof, and your continued use of the App thereafter means that you accept those changes.
- Governing Law and Disputes. To the maximum extent permitted by law, (i) this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel without regard to its conflict of laws rules, (ii) You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Tel Aviv-Yaffo, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts and (iii)notwithstanding the foregoing, we may seek injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction. This Section is not intended to limit your rights under applicable law and/or consumer-protection regulations.
- We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions, but please note that will own them and we may use them without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them, and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
- Copyright and Content Policy. It is Mantis Vision’s policy to respect the legitimate rights of copyright and other intellectual property owners, and we will respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement in accordance with our Copyright and Content Policy which may be viewed at: http://mantis-vision.com/termsof-use/ (“Copyright Notice“).
- This Agreement, and any other legal notices published by us in connection with the App, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Mantis Vision concerning the App. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any such legal notices, the terms of the applicable notice shall prevail with respect to the subject matter of such notice. No amendment to this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by Mantis Vision. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and a party’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION THAT YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE APP MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- Distributor Requirements and Usage Rules.
- Apple. If you download the App from the Apple, Inc. (“Apple“) App Store (or in any event if you download an Apple iOS App) then, without derogating from the warranty disclaimers and limitation of liability as set forth in the Agreement:
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- this Agreement is concluded between Mantis Vision and you only, and not with Apple, and Mantis Vision and its licensors, and not Apple, are solely responsible for the App and the content thereof.
- your use of the App is also subject to the Usage Rules established by Apple, including those set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service, effective as of the date that you enter into this Agreement.
- the License granted herein is limited to a non-transferable right to use the App on an Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or other Apple-branded product that you own or control and that runs the iOS;
- Mantis Vision is solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the App, as specified in this Agreement, or as required under applicable law. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App;
- Mantis Vision is solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will, to the extent applicable, refund any purchase price paid (if any) by you for the App to you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be Mantis Vision’ sole responsibility;
- Mantis Vision, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any product claims you, or any third party, may have relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation;
- in the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Apple shall not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim;
- Apple, and its subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
- You represent and warrant that: (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (b) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- If you have any questions, complaints, or claims regarding the App, please contact Mantis Vision at:
Telephone: +972 3 5611660
Address: 94 Shlomo Shmeltzer road, Kiryat Arie, Petach Tikva, Israel, 4970602
- By entering into this Agreement you, to the extent legally permitted, hereby waive any applicable law requiring that this Agreement be localized to meet your language and other local requirements. To the extent that the foregoing is not permitted, you agree to be bound by the standard Apple Licensed Application End User License Agreement which is part of the Apple App Store Terms of Service, at apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE (as amended from time to time).
Last updated: February, 28, 2019